Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes

Inspired by RecipeGirl

It could have used more Icing, but it was still amazing!
I enjoy going onto StumbleUpon and looking up recipes, and I have came across this one multiple times. I love pancakes and I love cinnamon rolls, combining the two is just an amazing idea. So for my first blog post I decided to make these for a late breakfast.

This is Greta my little Kitchen Helper. She is a French Bulldog.
 
Ingredients:

Pancakes:
1 cup pancake mix
¾ cup water
(This may vary depending on the pancake mix, I used the recommended mix for 7-8 pancakes)

You can also use your favorite pancake recipe.

Cinnamon Filling:
½ cup margarine, melted
¾ cup brown sugar, packed
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon

Cream Cheese Icing:
4 Tablespoons margarine
2 ounces Neufchatel Cheese (1/3 less fat Cream Cheese)
¾ cup powdered sugar

½ teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
1. For pancake batter make according to the box. (Make sure not to over mix)

2. For the Cinnamon Filling mix the three ingredients. Let stand in order to thicken.
Cinnamon/ Brown Sugar Mixture (The Granulated Brown Sugar is used here)

Cinnamon Filling (sorry about the messy picture)

3.  For Cream Cheese Icing mix the margarine and Neufchatel Cheese and heat in the microwave until melted (I heated for about 45 seconds, but both ingredients were at room temperature). Whisk in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
Cream Cheese Icing turned out a little yellow for some reason

4. Heat a large pan to medium heat, once heated spray with nonstick spray. For the pancakes put 1/3 cup on batter onto pan. Once bubbles appear on pancake add the filling in a swirl around the pancake. Wait a couple seconds and flip the pancake. Cook the bottom of the pancake for a couple minuets (Do not wait too long, otherwise the filling will burn).  Flip the pancake on the plate and put in the oven on warm until all pancakes are done.

5. When the pancakes are done, drizzle the cream cheese on each pancake.

Notes:
* You can use butter instead of margarine, but the margarine cuts down on the fat and calories.
* Neufchatel Cheese had less fat than Cream Cheese, and had the same taste and texture as Cream Cheese.
* I used granulated Brown Sugar, which I would not recommend. It made the filling a little grainy, but I don’t think that it affected the taste.

4 comments:

  1. These looks delicious! I bet they were good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! SO glad that they turned out well, and you used them for your first post. I'll have to make them and let you know how they turn out, Capt. Flapjack. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! Are we having these next time I visit?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope I get to try these soon!

    ReplyDelete