Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Baked Mac and Cheese


At my Grandma’s we have a large Sunday lunch and often people bring dishes that are always really good and we always have a ton of leftovers. One of my favorite recipes is this baked macaroni and cheese, I almost always have two or three servings! I love macaroni and cheese and try many new recipes (so I may have to make a section just about Macaroni and Cheese recipes).

Ingredients
 
3 tablespoons Butter
2 cups uncooked macaroni
1 ½ teaspoons salt
¼ teaspoons pepper
2 cups shredded cheese
1 beaten egg
4 cup milk

Greta begging for food...again

Directions
 
1. Preheat oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Melt Butter then put into a 9x13 pan. 

I melted the butter in a small bowl first.
Spread the melted butter evenly in the bottom of the pan.


3. Mix macaroni, salt, pepper, and cheese and put them in the pan. 

4. Beat egg and mix with the milk, pour over macaroni

5. Bake at 375* Fahrenheit uncovered for 45 to 60 minutes.

  Notes
      * I have tried to make this recipe with whole wheat noodles (many different blends, brands, etc.) but it always seems to turn a little off. In this recipe I used 100% whole wheat noodles, and it turned out better, but I would stick with just plain noodles for best results. 

2 comments:

  1. Maybe if you fed that poor baby once in a while she wouldn't have to beg.... So are you making this for Thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might add it to the Thanksgiving menu, since I will eat most of it I will just add it to my plate :)

    ReplyDelete